Sunday 2 February 2014

Project Life - January

Here it is!  The first month of the new Project Life.  I am so excited about this project again.  This month I have got some new techniques going on and I am soo pleased with the spread for January.

First off I love the colour scheme in the coral kit.  Waiting and putting a spread together at the end of month was so much more relaxed and productive.  It's no longer about quantity - cramming in enough journalling or photos to fill two pages - but quality and it works much better.
I used some different inserts for the spread and will be continuing to do that as it allows me to play with the photo sizes and change the look of the spreads from month to month.

I also used the 'month in review' card which was a free dowload from the Project Life Course I took last year.  I really like the effect of having some typed journalling in there as well as the handwritten words.

Talking about journalling, it felt much less forced this month and the overall effect is much more balanced.
I finally figured out how to use some of my new kit - the corner cutter.  I love the rounded corners on the photos - it ties them into the cards better and makes it all look a little more professional.

Also, using a new kit was very refreshing.  I found card stock which tied into my life and projects really well that were missing from the kits I used up until now.

I'm really looking forward to continuing this project next month.  My target is to get pictures of Nico in there - this is to be a project about our family this year so I want all of us to be in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment