Saturday 1 February 2014

The Saturday Update

What a relaxing week!  Work calmed down so much after the crazy, stressful report week.  It was busy as we had three retirement celebrations in two days but luckily it was a short week so we got through it relatively unscathed.  It was really nice to see our colleagues off in style - the leaving dos were real celebrations, especially for the headteacher as there was a lot to celebrate.  

I finished my evening classes this week.  I was sad to say goodbye, but I will be glad to get my Wednesday evenings back.  That and the lower number of classes I will be teaching at school next semester means I can wind down a little bit from next week.  It also brings maternity leave one step closer, eek!

We have had lots of snow this week but luckily it disappeared enough for us to drive safely and I am loving getting out and about it the car.  It was fun to watch Pete out on the balcony.  That's when he wasn't hunting birds through the glass on the front balcony.  We've even had a squirrel out there now that they all want to be fed in the low temperatures.

Having two days off was great - I got lots done including project life for January and lots of organising in the flat.  It feels really good to get things organised around here - it's like we are nesting but also getting closer to achieving several goals.

This weekend we are hoping to get away for a day - make the most of the car, and I hope to get another sewing project under my belt.  We have some friends calling over tomorrow too.  Lots going on.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment