Saturday 15 February 2014

The Saturday Update

This has been a strange old week after my little accident on Tuesday it has been very quiet.  Having an immobilised foot meant I need something to do with my hands and I loved making the lavender hearts over the last couple of days.

Yesterday, I had a lovely Valentine's Day.  I was productive all day including a short, positive hospital appointment giving me the all clear.  I am much more mobile - thank goodness nothing was broken - and just need to rest over the weekend.  I also made a chocolate cherry cake yesterday which was a first for me and we were really pleased with the results!

I am also really getting into a book called Daemon by Daniel Suarez which Nico recommended to me.  Just two days in, I have read over two hundred pages and can't put it down.  Nico liked it because of the computer programming twists but they go completely over my head and it's still a good read.

Before I took a tumble, it had been a good start to the work week.  I am looking forward to the next few weeks up to Easter.  There's a lot going on with our class at the moment and it makes the time go quicker.  Looking forward to being back on Monday.

We also cracked out one of my Christmas DVDs - American Beauty.  Another classic that I had never seen, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Kevin Spacey is fast becoming one of my favourite actors!

Apart from work, I am looking forward to cracking on with Daemon and doing some more crafting next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment