Friday 14 February 2014

Sewing Project 2014 - 5 Lavender Valentine's Hearts

Looking for some seasonal inspiration I found the idea for these lovely little Valentine's in this book.
I started out following the instructions in the book and I was pleased with the first one but I also wanted to try machine stitching some.
The problem with this was sealing the hearts up once they were filled with lavender.
I tried to disguise the opening in various ways with differing levels of success. 
This second layer solution from Nico was the best in my opinion.
Then I went back to some more rustic ones with different materials that I had over from other projects. 
Even though the material was 'left over' I thought the different patterns worked well - especially with the lavender theme.  I get my material here from Textiles francais on Amazon.
 Overall, I am really pleased with the selection.  These ones are going to be gifts and I am going to make some for us in red material.  The only downside is feeling sleepy with all that lavender!!







No comments:

Post a Comment