Saturday 29 March 2014

The Saturday Update

It has been a looong busy week this week.  There have been lots of ups and downs - most of which I have been posting about throughout the week.  I had a loooong lie in this morning to make up for all the craziness and insomnia attacks and am finally feeling a little more like myself again and ready for the weekend, a short work week and holidays!

We found a midwife and my first appointment went well yesterday.  She is very thorough.  We listened to the little heartbeat which was just perfect.  I will be taking my antenatal course with her in April and May, possibly having some accupuncture, and then having eight weeks of follow up appointments after the birth.  It feels really good to have that extra support with our first little one.

Work was crazy with lots of trips and events going on and having a full time table again but I took it in my stride and took my time getting around - I feel like an elephant moving around school and there are still two months to go!!  There's still no cover for most of my classes which is worrying and makes me feel a little guilty - especially for my exam groups, but at the end of the day, it's the system which needs to be sorted out.  

There was good and bad news from home.  My gran had a fall and broke her wrist - not something to take lightly at ninety but luckily, she is dealing well with it and everyone is keeping an eye on her.  She sounds surprisingly upbeat on the phone so that is good.

After a quiet time on the creative front, it felt good to get back into knitting and get another project under my belt this week.  I am hoping the holidays will give me the time and energy to boost myself on that front and get some new projects going.

This weekend, we are taking things easy and getting bits and bobs done.  Hopefully I will manage to get the last of the March goals ticked off ready for the new month.  The nice weather makes everything seem possible again!  Hope you have a good one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment