Thursday 15 May 2014

Marbling!

I read this post a while ago and with the time, energy and materials to try it, I finally got around to it this week.

It combined one of my ‘30 things‘ goals (trying a new craft medium), making my June birthday cards and listening to some music with the bump (I'm sure this baby will be a professional dancer one day).

The whole technique is tricky and I underestimated just how messy but I'm pleased with the results. I found it easier to work with cooler water so that the colours didn't clump on the stick (see Elise's tutorial for instructions and better examples).

I would have liked to take more photos of the process but it's good for my tablet that I didn't. I did ruin one Tupperware, one pair of washing up gloves and a sponge. I also suspect I'm high from nail polish and spiritus fumes and may be in big trouble with the hubby when he gets home...we'll see.

I'm also not sure I like the cards that picked up less colour but they are growing on me and I love the colour combination which was coincidence based on what was in my collection.

I recommend this craft idea but recommend you use disposable gloves, containers, etc and open all the windows!


No comments:

Post a Comment