Tuesday 27 May 2014

Sewing Project 2014 - 9 Quilt!

When I started the quilting project back in January, May seemed a long way away. How the time has flown! This final piece was always the big goal which made it seem a bit scarier than it was. I LOVE the finished product (I loved all five of the projects). 
The plan was to make something neutral using pieces of all the material I had from all of my projects this year and last. I think it turned out a bit more girly than planned but I also find it nice and summery and look forward to making another for the baby at some point.
It's not perfect but again, the imperfections make it more personal and more perfect to me. I am especially pleased with the binding. It didn't go very well on my table runner back in January but I learnt from that and really took my time on the quilt - it was worth it.

I can't recommend Elise's course enough. I consider myself a beginner and, as I keep saying, completed, love, and use all five projects. I also personalised all of them in one way or another. The price is very good value and the course is easy to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment