Friday 20 June 2014

It's a Girl!

After 32 hours in labour at the hospital, our beautiful daughter was born on Wednesday. We named her Isabella Kathleen. 

Labour was the toughest experience I've ever been through but it's true what they say that it is forgotten the moment you see the baby. I also realised that my labour was surprisingly smooth and easy compared to many others I spoke to.

We are still finding our feet home so posts will be hit and miss for a while. One thing I want to make clear though is that this will not be the first of many baby photos and posts featuring Isabella. I'm keen to keep family and friends up to date but the blog is way too public for me and I don't want to expose her to that. I'm not criticising parenting blogs - I love them and will certainly be using them in the next few months! It's just not what this blog is intended to be.

For now let me just say that I have a newfound respect for all mothers! (and fathers who are as involved and supportive as my husband has been - thank you Nico!)

No comments:

Post a Comment