Sunday 8 June 2014

Sewing Project 2014 - 10 Nursery birdy

Yesterday I dug out a book of sewing projects that I got for my birthday last year. It's a German book and it's full of stuffed animals for children.

I decided to go with this little bird for the nursery as it was a small project and would use up some material I had. The colour is not a sign - I plan to make a pink one too. To be fair though, the nursery is so full of pink things from my childhood, that the blue brings a little balance.

I loved the combination of machine and hand stitching. I liked using the buttons and I liked adding in the pleated wool for the legs.

The challenges came with the beak and the generally tricky side of tackling such a small project with the machine. I adapted the pattern a little from the book. For example the eyes should be little beads but I didn't have any so I used some embroidery silks and stitches. 

I'm pleased with the finished product and I'm thinking of making some for the Etsy shop when I relaunch later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment