Friday 4 July 2014

My Top 3 Pregnancy Reads

If you know what a bookworm I am you will have realised that this post was coming. I've been mixing up my classic reading with some pregnancy and baby related recommendations and here are my top three so far.


This is of course the go to guide for pregnant women the world over. It's easy to see why. It answers every question you could have during pregnancy (and some that come later) without the scare mongering and contradictions you find online.

I especially loved the week and month break downs. It was exciting to track our progress and recognise that our 'symptoms' were perfectly normal. I recommend this one to all pregnant friends - luckily there is a German version. Also, I wasn't surprised to see the Spanish version in my Columbian roommate's bag at the hospital.


I think I have mentioned this one before. It's a series of letters from one mother to an expectant mother. It is a very sweet reflection on pregnancy and motherhood. Where 'What to Expect' covers the physical side of things, 'Great With Child' is more spiritual.


This is my current read. I am three days and 150 pages in and already sold enough to recommend it. It is a well researched comparison of French and American parenting styles. It is interesting to consider how English and German ideas fit in. I'm not sold on either system but there are some interesting points from both countries. It brings up lots of thoughts at what can be a confusing time for new parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment