Tuesday 9 December 2014

Girl Power

Becoming a homeowner has led to me trying several new things over the last month or so, and while none of those things were on my lists, it's been quite empowering.

Before the move, I had never painted a room before. I've now painted six with help from family. I've learned how to prepare the room and how to clear up afterwards too.  First it has made me very grateful for all the times my dad painted our rooms growing up - thanks Dad! (I'm afraid Isabella may be doing her own when she gets bored of yellow.) It also makes me wonder how my grandad did this as a job. I'm exhausted each Saturday when we are done.

My favourite new thing was building the above log fire. To be honest, I'm a little afraid of things like that and normally leave them to my chemistry teacher husband but he taught me how to do it this week and I felt quite proud of myself.

I'm sure there will be many more things to learn over the next few years as we get the house done and work on the garden and I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment