Thursday 19 February 2015

Back to Work

As I've mentioned, it was back to work for me on Monday. Half of me was dreading it and the other half was really excited to go back.

As I'm sure all mums feel, it's a huge step to go back full time and I'm very lucky that Nico is at home now. I don't think I could have left her at a childminder's or nursery yet. I found the mornings okay and actually felt more emotional coming home for cuddles and play time. Luckily we worked my timetable out so that I have no free lessons and that means I'm distracted all day.

The teacher part of me has really enjoyed being back in the classroom. It's been great to see my old pupils and meet some new classes and use my brain for more intellectual purposes. I've also loved seeing colleagues again and having conversations outside of the realm of babies.

I'm starting to feel more balanced again. I feel like I can be a much better mother when I've got other roles again. I'm still tired at night but I have a very different energy during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment