Tuesday 17 March 2015

Pruning

Having repotted our indoor plants, we're now starting to focus on the garden more as and when the weather lets us.

The first two jobs have been preparing the soil and pruning. The garden was clearly well cared for by the previous owners but there's a lot to do after some months of neglect and the winter months. Also, there are some things we just want to have differently.

I've never pruned anything in my life so after some tips from Nico and checking out some diagrams, I got to work on the lavender and hortensias. It's slow progress but it's coming along.

Isabella joined us outside in her new waterproofs and she loves having a change of scenery now and then.

The nice thing about the previous owners' hard work is that the first blooms are coming through with snowdrops and crocuses and thanks to Nico's gran we have even more colour from the pansies! 

I love this season and I'm so excited about getting some more done.

No comments:

Post a Comment