Wednesday 18 March 2015

Top 5 Childhood Films

1. The Little Mermaid

This was the first film I ever saw at the cinema, aged about 5. It's always been my favourite Disney even though I cried all the way home that day, heartbroken that Ariel had to leave her family for her prince. Already got this one lined up for Isabella.

2. E.T. 

I loved this tale of friendship even though it was another tearjerker. It's such a classic. Some films lose effect over time but not this one.

3. Back to the Future

All three of these bring back such happy memories of fun films that I didn't cry over! I loved all three but especially the second as it hardly ever seemed to be on. The actors were brilliant as was the concept (even if it is disappointing that we have no hoverboards here in 2015).

4. Three Men and a Little Baby

Another fun 80s one with a happy ending. This was also the start of my following the avuncular Tom Selleck. Watching three single men try to bring up a baby...brilliant. Again, the sequel somehow seemed better as it was more elusive.

5. Labrynth

This was one that scared and thrilled me in equal measures. I always wanted to watch the riddle scene again to figure it out. I bought and watched this again a couple of years ago but it wasn't the same.

Special mentions: Flight of the Navigator, Batteries not Included, Crocodile Dundee, Home Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment