Wednesday 17 August 2016

Pre-natal yoga

As I mentioned, I started a new yoga class last week. When I was pregnant with Isabella I did a bit of yoga at home but I didn't go to a course. Money was tight with all the other baby expenses and I couldn't find a local course.

This time my midwife recommended it. She said that many second time mums regret not doing as much for the second baby. For example, I won't be doing classes this time as I know what to expect and it's harder to find time to focus on this baby with my first one running around.

Luckily I found one here in Leeste and it's affordable because we don't have to buy as much for baby number two as we kept everything Isabella had.

Last Thursday was my first session and it was really moving. I'm hormonal as hell right now anyway but it felt like the first time I was making time to focus on this baby and our connection. It was also very relaxing which I really need at the moment.

It was a small group - just five of us and all the others are further along than me so we have to see how the course develops but I really hope we find some new recruits! It was an added benefit to meet other mums to be in the area and there's even talk of a baby yoga class.

The yoga was a mix of stretching and relaxing. I really noticed how tense I am and came out aching but in a good way. I'm feeling lots more aches in this pregnancy so it was good to work on them.

I find the leader, Marcella, really nice and she has a very sing song voice which helps to create such a calm atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment