Wednesday 22 March 2017

Reading Review

The Last Battle - C.S.Lewis

I finally finished off the chronicles of Narnia this month. The Last Battle rounds off the series perfectly, reuniting many characters from the series for one last adventure.

The moral and religious parallels continued in the seventh and final installment, which sees the end of Narnia and the move to a kind of afterlife.

I'm looking forward to the kids reading these in a few years.

The 33rd marriage of Donia Nour - H.Z.Ilmi

This book was a gift and something I wouldn't normally have picked up but I actually really enjoyed it. It's sci-fi, set in a very modern, Islamic Egypt in 2048.

It follows Donia Nour from the eve of her 33rd marriage and through the consequences thereof. It involves alien abductions and is a very extreme view of how wrong modern society could become.

The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett

Another of my children's classics from home (my very first in fact), this made a lovely quick read this week. It's the story of Mary, a sour little girl born in India who comes to live in Yorkshire with her uncle when her parents die.

She discovers a secret garden and the story follows her time there and how it changes her. It's a lovely little story and it really made me want to get out in our garden - I just need Joshua to let me!

No comments:

Post a Comment