Wednesday 19 April 2017

Post-natal fitness course

Last night was my first post-natal fitness session. I wasn't really sure what to expect. After Isabella was born, I did a one off session which was a bit like aerobics and strength training. Since it's paid for by the health insurance and there was a course available locally, I decided to try it.

It's at a kindergarten and there were nine of us. We started with an introductory round and then started the exercises. It wasn't as strenuous as the other session. There's a lot of focus on the tummy and pelvic floor. Despite not feeling like I put in much effort, I am feeling my tummy and leg muscles today!

It was nice to go out and do something for myself. It was also nice to mix with other mums. I actually knew one of them as her daughter is at nursery with Isabella - something else I love about small town life.

I'm really looking forward to the next weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment