Wednesday 25 October 2017

Reading Review

The Hard Way - Lee Childs

Another one from the 200+ freebies, I took this one on holiday with me for a quick read and it certainly was that. It was enjoyable and interesting but I didn't enjoy it as much as some of his other works as I had the twist figured out much too early. Either I'm reading too many of these books or I'm getting clever!

Veni, Vidi, Vici - Peter Jones

I started reading this on holiday. From the non-fiction section, it explains everything you wanted to know about the Romans and then some!

At first I found it very interesting, especially the linguistic tidbits but towards the end, it was very dry and hard work to read.

Jackdaws - Ken Follett

This was a fantastic read. I love Ken Follett's novels but I've never read his earlier works before.

Jackdaws follows the female protaganist Flick, and her mission behind enemy lines towards the end of World War Two. There was no cross over with his other works and it was a real page turner. Cannot recommend it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment