Tuesday 12 December 2017

Reading Review

The Brutal Art - Jesse Kellerman

I was rereading this one after about ten years and while I honestly could remember nothing about it, it was a good read.  It wasn't your average page turner but it was interesting.

It follows the story of a New York art dealer who is tipped off to a huge undiscovered collection of brilliant artwork only to discover that it is linked to a series of brutal, unsolved murders.  The story flicks back and forth through time to tell the story of the artist.

It's really well written and I enjoyed reading it again.

Rules of Deception - Christopher Reich

It's almost difficult to review this book without giving away any big plot twists.  The novel tells the story of Jonathon Ransom who discovers that his wife has been leading a double life when she suffers a fatal mountaineering accident.

For me, there were one or two holes in the story but generally, I enjoyed the book and the various twists and turns.  A good international spy story.

The Saint Plays with Fire - Leslie Charteris

Among the free books I picked up a few months ago are a whole range of The Saint books.  I vaguely remember the television series but did not realise there were books too.  I picked this one out at random.

It is a typical detective story set early to mid twentieth century.  It was a quick and easy read but it also kept me guessing.  It reminded me a little of Sherlock Holmes.  I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading the others from the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment