Wednesday 13 December 2017

One Little Word - Create

For the last few years I have joined in with Ali Edwards' One Little Word project.  I have intentionally chosen a specific word and built my goals and ideas around it for a whole year, using it to stay inspired. 

For 2017, I chose the word 'Create' and it has certainly felt very appropriate.  This year I completed my knitting course, started crochet, made most of the birthday gifts we sent to people, made all my own cards, started calligraphy, made my own soap and tried lots of new recipes.

I made sure that I created an average of one thing per day, be it a set of Christmas cards or a letter, a crochet patch or a new Project Life spread.  It has certainly been a busy year.

I didn't complete everything I set out to do.  By Christmas I felt completely overwhelmed and resorted to buying many gifts, but I certainly made more and learned more this year than I would have done without focusing on this word.

On the whole I feel like I have acheived a lot this year.  Not the least of those things has been creating a safe and comfortable environment for the children.  It feels like this has been my year with Joshua, as I was on maternity leave throughout 2017.

Looking forward, I am excited about this new phase of our lives, just as much as I am worried about it too.  Joshua is starting nursery, and I am finding my feet in a very new work environment which will be better for us as a family in the long run.  I'm thinking a lot right now about my goals for 2018 and what my One Little Word should be.  I'm not decided yet but I know I will be following this project for another year and look forward to sharing it with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment