Wednesday 24 January 2018

Reading Review

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

I picked this up over Christmas week and it was wonderful. Of course I've seen film and television adaptations but reading the book was different and typically Dickensian. I really enjoyed it.

Never Far From Nowhere - Andrea Levy

This follows the story of two second generation immigrant sisters of Jamaican descent through their teenage years and into adulthood as they live in London.

The sisters are very different but I liked them both in their own way and was keen to follow them. The story was good but I felt it left me hanging a bit at the end.

Dark Homecoming - Eric Van Lustbader

This was a crime novel following a former detective who has to choose between killing someone or watching his niece die of liver failure.

For the first time in ages, I really did not enjoy this book. It was over complicated while full of errors and mixed in too much superstition for my taste. Quite a disappointment unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment