Wednesday 7 February 2018

Reading Review

Strange Fits of Passion - Anita Shreve

This novel tells the story of a woman fleeing domestic abuse.  It is clear from the beginning that there is going to be a dramatic climax to the story and it didn't disappoint. 

The book is set in the seventies and that is quite telling in how the topic of domestic abuse is dealt with. 

I enjoyed the story and how it was told from different points of view. 

The Saint Steps In - Leslie Carteris

Another in the Saint series, this was a nice little mystery.  This time it was set in America and while I am still getting used to the style of Charteris' writing, I enjoyed the story and trying to figure out what was happening.

Bill Bryson's African Diary - Bill Bryson

This was a short but sweet little read.  I like Bill Bryson's writing and his diary of a week in Kenya to raise money for CARE international did not disappoint.  I can only recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment