Wednesday 18 April 2018

Reading Review

The Hammer of Eden - Ken Follett

This was a good read but I can't say it was up to the standard of Follett's more recent work. It is the story of a terrorist group which tries to threaten the American government by causing earthquakes.

One for my Baby - Tony Parsons

Another of my 200 free books collection, this wasn't one that would have otherwise been on my radar. It is about an English teacher who met his wife in Hong Kong and is now living back in London following her death.

There's no real drive in the book but I really enjoyed it. The characters are well written and the story is interesting.

High Society - Ben Elton

This book is a humorous look at drug use in the UK. Well, there is obviously a serious side to the theme but, as with several of Ben Elton's novels, he finds a way to make it fun.

It follows the idea of legalising drugs in the UK. He looks at many different aspects of drug use and I really enjoyed it. The characters are interesting and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment