Monday 28 May 2018

Make it Monday - Sofa Cover

For a while now, I've wanted to cover the sofa in Joshua's room. It was originally half of an Ikea corner sofa I bought for my old flat. We wanted more space in the living room and since Isabella has a double bed, we thought Joshua might appreciate it.

Having been torn apart from the other part of the old, black sofa, it didn't look great and needed brightening up but I had no idea where to start.

In the end I ordered three meters of a nice green material with white dots and got cracking with the staple gun. The sofa is an odd shape and I'm no upholsterer but I just went for it and improvised on the fiddly bits.

I'm really happy with the result. The room looks brighter and more inviting and should the material wear out, I can always re-do it. Joshua seemed to like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment