Wednesday 27 June 2018

Project Life Update

I've just officially finished my Project Life album.  It's been getting full for a while and I wanted it to cover eighteen months before I start a new one. 

I'm still really loving this project.  I'm only sorry that I took such a long break in between and didn't document Isabella's early days in the same way.  Who knows, maybe I will go back and cover that at some point.

This album runs from Joshua's early days in January 2017 until the end of this month and it makes me very emotional looking through it as it is such a good record of his development, and ours as a family.

Some weeks are more photo heavy and some are more writing heavy but that's just part of the flow.  Sometimes I have to remind myself to photograph more since I now video every day but I'm getting better at that balance. 

My process is weekly with this project.  I print out the photos, place them and work around that with cards, writing and the layout in general.  I try to keep it simple with the colours and not mix it up too much so that the photos really speak for themselves.

I've invested in a new album and will be starting that next week.  My aim with the next album is to focus on the embellishments a little bit more to give it a slightly more finished look.

I hope that we'll look back on these albums with the kids and maybe even their kids one day and remember how busy we were but also how much fun and love we have in our lives right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment