Wednesday 31 October 2018

Reading Review

The Fifth Profession - David Morrell

One of my free 200 collection, this one is slightly older but I almost prefer thrillers from a time with less technology.

This novel follows a bodyguard as he tries to unravel a traumatic experience from his past. It's an interesting concept and kept me guessing.

I can't say I was 100% happy with the ending but I did enjoy it.

Tales from Shakespeare - Charles and Mary Lamb

Nico brought me this book home from work. It was written in the nineteenth century as a 'modern' take on Shakespeare's stories.

Sometimes the Victorian style was hard to follow but I feel like I got to know Shakespeare better and the short stories helped to break up the reading.

I did find it annoying that Shakespeare seemed to think a change of clothes would stop family members recognising each other in so many of his works...

Origin - Dan Brown

I treated myself to this new book in the holidays as it has been on my list for a while. 

Dan Brown is one of my favourite authors and this one did not disappoint. As an extra bonus, the story is set in Barcelona and lots of my favourite places were mentioned which made me want to jump on a plane.

Robert Langdon returns in a bid to help a former student release his life-changing message to the world. Full of facts, politics and history, it was just my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment