Wednesday 12 December 2018

Christmas!

At the weekend we got our Christmas decorations up.  It's an event that I usually look forward to and really enjoy.  Usually...  This year I struggled a bit.  We were (are) running late with everything Christmas-related.  It feels like time is flying, I haven't started my Christmas cards and I ordered the first Christmas presents yesterday.  Isabella was very upset when the neighbours had their decorations up and we didn't.  I just wanted to get past Joshua's birthday first.

As promised, we went up in the loft and brought down the boxes.  I always forget how much we have.  The tree is packed and I wasn't too upset when a couple of ornaments were dropped on the tiles - although trying to stop a two year old running through glass splinters while you run for the vac, is an impossible task.  Stress levels went through the roof.

I also forget we always have new decorations from gifts the year before so it is nice to rediscover them and find them a home.

On the whole, I was glad we did it and I love the cosy Christmas lights on an evening.  I'll be happier when we have gotten everything ready (so that'll be about midnight on Christmas Eve...) but I'm starting to enjoy this not-so-slow slide towards the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment