Thursday 13 December 2018

Friends

At the weekend, I invited some of my friends over.  While working at my old school I made a lot of friends.  With many I have lost touch.  One of them is now one of my best friends, Godmother to my son and responsible for a lot of the luck I have had this year.

Some of these ladies, I see every few months, some I hadn't seen since I left work.  Several of us have moved on to new challenges in our lives but whenever we meet up, it's like we have never been apart and it does my soul so much good.

Christmas is a time for meeting up, catching up and going out.  This year, I invited this group of friends over so we could catch up properly in a quiet environment with our kids and other halves and it was so worth it - we should make it a regular thing.

I love that women can form such close bonds.  We swapped good news and bad.  It felt good to get things off my chest and offer the girls some moral support as well as celebrate some of the good things that have happened to us lately.  

I remember primary school when you could only have one best friend and it caused so much trouble.  Now I have a wonderful network of friends and they are so crucial to my mental well-being.  From family, childhood friends, school friends and best friends left in England, to colleagues, in-laws and mum friends I have met here, I would not change my support system for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment