Tuesday 7 September 2010

Another Great Weekend

Now that I am getting into the swing of things at school and didn't need the whole weekend to recover, I managed to fit quite a lot in. 

First of all, Natalie's parents invited me on a tour of the town that they had booked as they had some friends visiting from Munich.  This was really interesting.  I had already read about some things but much of the information was new and I discovered a whole new area of the town - The Schnoor - which I will definitely going back to to investigate further.  I didn't take any pictures as I will be going back next week with my visitors and will get some then.

In the evening I went out for a lovely Greek meal and drinks with a new friend from school and two of her friends.  They were also teachers and it was nice to spend a night speaking and listening to German.  (Admittedly there was far more listening that speaking)  I also discovered some nice new bars to take visitors to. 

On Sunday, it was an early start and the first driving I had done for three weeks to accompany my host family on a steam train journey!  This being the first one I had ever been on, I was very excited although I don't think anyone could have been as excited as little Emil who spent the rest of the day telling everyone about 'his' steam train.  It was a great trip.

Afterwards, we went to a corn maze which a farmer had set up for families to visit.  I didn't actually go in the maze but I did climb the viewing platform and we had a rest and a drink there before coming home for a lovely lunch.

On Sunday afternoon, I ventured into Bremen where it was 'car free Sunday' which meant that all trams were free all day and there was a huge stage set up in front of the station with different performances going on all day, as well as stands of information and transport related offers!

No comments:

Post a Comment