Thursday 24 March 2011

Has Spring finally sprung?

I know I already mentioned this the other weekend but this week (and here's hoping this doesn't jinx it) the weather has finally caught up with the date, and the wildlife.  Yes, on last weekend's jog we spotted cute little bunny rabbits hopping about between the trees and my bird feeder on the balcony is finally being used.  Every day since Sunday (and except today actually...) has dawned sunny and bright, the temperature is up so high that I have sat outside every day this week.  Although I am a bit of a home loving girl, whose first reaction to a spontaneous trip into town is not usually positive, this week we have spent one afternoon walking around the harbour, one afternoon in the city centre and one afternoon sat outside the shopping centre (incredibly enough that was my first visit there in six months!).  

Is it just me or do things really seem easier when the weather is nicer?  It makes me want to smile more, be nicer to everyone and do more exercise.  In a little mid-week update, I have to confess that I haven't been as good on the weightwatchers this week as I was last week but I have eaten a lot more fruit and veg because it's in season and fruit and salad always taste better when the weather is warm and I've also racked up more points on the pedometer with all the walking!  Fingers crossed for Saturday then...

No comments:

Post a Comment