Saturday 19 March 2011

The Saturday Update

Yes, I have been very good this week and it has paid off as I am now 4.5lbs lighter!  This is the lightest I have been this year!  First of all, I made sure that I achieved at least one point per day on the pedometer.  This week, I am going to try to do some more activity, maybe a jog or a bike ride.  Then, I was very strict with my points, I have started writing them down in a notebook because the website is a little slow and frustrating.  We discovered some new recipes this week including a satay chicken meal that was amazing.  It has also been easier to snack on fruit now that it's getting warmer and there's more of it in the supermarkets.

It's been a generally good week on the whole, although it didn't start that way.  Gran has been really poorly for the last few weeks but got worse towards the start of this week when, although we finally found out what's causing her pain - osteoperosis - she started to be sick and lost a lot of weight.  Thankfully, she is on the mend again now (touch wood) but it is difficult being so far away.  I do feel extremely guilty sometimes but I have been able to be in touch on a regular basis with Skype or the phone.

I had my first observation with the headmaster on Tuesday which went well.  I am lucky he chose to come and see my favourite class and they are on best behaviour at the moment.  He had a few suggestions but lots of praise too which is always nice to hear!  Especially when I have had no training over here.  From the discussion, I think it is going to be different next year when I may have to teach maths or something to fill in my timetable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment