Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Race for Life 2011

Now that England is booked, I've started seeing what's on while we're home and what we can fit in while we're back and this morning I discovered that the Race for Life in Wakefield is taking place on the Sunday that we are back.  I walked the Race for Life three years ago at Temple Newsam with my Mum and two years ago we walked it in Harrogate.  (I had planned to at least jog it that time but having been off work with the flu for three days before the event, I figured it was enough of a risk walking it).  I'm not sure what happened last year but this year we are taking part in Wakefield.  I would like to jog it this time and am going to get some practice in this month but Mum has just had a hospital stay with a nasty midge bite to the leg so watch this space...



As in previous years, I plan to take part in celebration of my Grandmother who received her five years all clear and is living proof of the good work that charities like Cancer Research UK are doing.  Unfortunately not everyone is so lucky - it seems hardly a week goes by without hearing of someone else suffering or losing their battle with this horrific disease and much work remains to be done until a cure is found.  If you would like to sponsor me, you can do so here.




No comments:

Post a Comment