Wednesday 21 September 2011

Cross Stitch

One hobby of mine is cross stitching and I've been doing quite a lot over the last year or so.  Last week I finished my latest project which I am especially proud of because, although it doesn't fit in to my usual Beatrice Potter / literary theme, I did learn two new stitches.  I don't always have a lot of patience, and sometimes cross stitching does get a little tedious for me but when I see what I've made and the picture beginning to emerge, it's very rewarding.  I always feel satisfied with the finished product.  Here's my latest and some I made earlier.

The Chinese Lady - my most challenging yet
Dove Cottage - Home of Wordsworth in the Lake District

Benjamin Rabbit

Jemima Puddleduck
Peter Rabbit Bookmark (the camera stopped playing here)

No comments:

Post a Comment