Saturday 17 September 2011

The Saturday Update

It's been another busy week with work and being physically exhausted.  The trip on Monday turned out to tire me out more than expected which set the tone for the whole week but it's finally Saturday and we've made it through.

This week I sold my car, paid off a credit card and some other debts - always a great feeling-, and caught up with some old and new friends on the Native Speaker programme over coffee.  Ed was one of the teachers who started at the same time as me and I haven't seen him since before the holidays, during which he got married to a lovely Spanish lady named Loreto who I also met yesterday.  We are going to meet up soon to speak Spanish, I definitely need the practice and it will be nice to have a new friend in town.  We also met Sophie who is starting on the programme this year and is loving the experience so far.  The other new teacher, Ben didn't make it as he had a meeting at work but his wife Rachel was there.  Both Loreto and Rachel have inspired me to make a bit more effort to get out and about in Bremen and maybe get some more things ticked of my 27 list in the next few months, but more about that later.

Next week I am picking up the last of my new classes, giving my first exam results back to my other new class (only one grade 4 and no grades 5 or 6 - first time in any of my classes!) and planning for the class trip the week after.  I will also be picking up my course folders for my new courses at the Volkhochschule and hopefully meeting up with Loreto - all exciting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment