Monday 21 November 2011

Baking Sunday

For a change we had a productive weekend and both of us spent a good deal of yesterday cooking and baking.  First I made a new batch of my celery soup for the week.  The exciting bit came with the new recipe for gluten free mince pies!  You can see it here.



It's always a bit of a pain with dough when it's gluten free because it just doesn't hold together the same way but it wasn't too difficult with this one although it didn't go as far as the recipe said.  We had dough for ten pies and mince for fourteen.  They were really delicious but a little bit bitter with so much zest so Nico very kindly iced some for me to sweeten them up.  Mmmm, delicious.



At the same time Nico prepared these gluten free breadsticks which I will be eating with my soup this week.

All gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment