Friday 18 November 2011

My favourite class of the week

One day, when my job becomes really boring, even to me, I'll stop giving you crazy updates that probably don't convince you how much I love teaching.  That day is not today though.  I had another great evening yesterday with my adult classes.  The advanced class are both really good and a little bit scary in that I'm not sure what I can teach them, they are so advanced.  Last night they debated for one hour the pros and cons of facebook.  I have never felt so lazy in my work.  I didn't make a peep.  At the end of the day though, it is a speaking class and they all put themselves out there and made points and argued their case - it was brilliant.  It was a different mix of students from last week with four new faces but it worked really well.

My only concern was one new lady who hardly spoke.  I thought she might ask for her money back or something but at the end of the lesson, she hung back and told me (in English of course) that she had really enjoyed the lesson and even thanked me!  That kind of feedback is amazing as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment