Tuesday 31 January 2012

Calm

source


At the beginning of this long weekend, I was, as usual, hoping to get lots done and on at least one of the four days to get away somewhere new.  In the end, I did achieve all of the things I wanted except going somewhere new (for two days we didn't leave the flat!) but to be honest, I'm quite glad and here's why.

Every holiday that we have from work ends up being manic.  Whether we are visiting England or receiving visitors here in Germany (and I love both of these things - don't get me wrong).  We don't tend to get enough time for us.

Since moving to Germany, one of the things I miss the most is the half term holidays.  All we get between Christmas and Easter are these two days.  Normally I don't appreciate them enough.  However, having had a successful January with my diet, fitness and reinvention goals, it seems a fitting end to the month to have some calm down time.

I feel ready to go back to work tomorrow and renewed for the new semester.  Of course I am really looking forward to the two and a half week Easter holidays too!

No comments:

Post a Comment