Wednesday 1 February 2012

Resolution Review

So it's a new month today.  I don't know how January went so fast but it did.  It's already getting that much lighter in the day and Spring is on its way.  It has been quite a successful month and it's a good time to review those 2012 resolutions.  Here's a reminder of what I set myself:

  1. Be Healthy
  • Detox on alcohol followed by a weekend only rule and sticking to 3 units per day.  (done!  I didn't drink from landing back in Germany until Saturday night - 28th and then I had one glass.  To be honest I think cutting out the snacks has really helped with this or vice versa but I'm going to be sticking with it as I think it's a major factor in my weightloss this month.)
  • More exercise - walk to healthy every day, build up from one aerobic session per week to three, run the Bremen 10k in Autumn.  (done!  In fact, I think I have outdone myself with this one.  As part of the Reinvention project I set myself the target of moving more each day whether it be zumba, yoga or walking instead of getting the bus.  I didn't manage it every day but I managed it on six days out of seven and I think that too, has helped with the weight so I'll be keeping it up)
  • Cut out snacks and make wiser food choices.  If this doesn't lead to weight loss by the end of January, (or if I plateau during the year) rejoin Weightwatchers meetings and start tracking.  (done!  I've gone back to using the weightwatchers website which I find really useful but much to Nico's relief, we haven't had to go back to measuring and planning meals yet, I've just cut out the snacking and made healthier choices for my three meals - with some smoothies thrown in - and despite a slip up mid-month - I've lost 10.5lbs this month!  Keeping this one up too!)
  • Remove my makeup and follow the three step cleansing routine - EVERY night.  (done! Although I haven't noticed a huge improvement in my skin.  I'll be keeping up to it, drinking more water, and maybe it's time for that facial!)
  • Use my electric toothbrush to make sure I brush for the full two minutes, twice per day, no excuses!  (done!)
   2.    Go to bed at 9pm and read for one hour before lights out (this is a joint one with Nico and obviously won't work on a Thursday but really made a difference and helped with the 5.45am alarm calls when we tried it last year before getting back into the habit of late night TV watching).  (done!  We are both loving this one.  I am on my fifth book this year (two German, three English) and loving it!  Nico has finally got the bug too and is heavily into the Stieg Larsson trilogy at the moment.  We've also found that we sleep better and wake up feeling more refreshed for it so we'll be continuing with this one.)

   3.  Keep doing new things (see my weekly updates and 27 list).  (done, but ongoing.  Need some new ideas!)


So here is to a happy, healthy, and fun February taking us closer to the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment