Thursday 2 February 2012

Something New Week #11



This week I tried to make my own gluten free pizza from scratch.  I've had gluten free pizza before - Nico came up with the recipe himself and always tries hard to make my favourite foods even though most of them traditionally involve gluten (pizza, pasta...)

Having watched him struggle with the horrible gluten free dough, I hate asking him to cook these recipes for me so this weekend, I decided to try it for myself.  So this week it was me struggling and swearing and getting my hands messy and poor Nico still had something to contend with in the form of his worst pupil yet in the kitchen but it the end it turned out well.  We made pizza with half tuna and vegetables and half cheese and tomato.  Both sides were delicious and when I forget how horrendous the dough was, I'll do it again!  

It was so filling that we substituted the planned dinner for a delicious fruit smoothie so the points count won't be too high either.

Next on the list - pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment