Friday 3 February 2012

Something New Week #12

This week's new thing for me is one that I hope not to have to repeat for a while - I went to the vet with Pete.  Following his treatment last week the vet wanted to see him again for a check-up.  The good news is that his bottom problem has cleared up although they are checking his stool sample to be sure that he doesn't have worms.

The bad news is that the lump in his neck is not his chip and it is growing but not enough to have the vet too worried.  We have to monitor it and it may need more investigation in the future.  To be fair, it doesn't seem to be bothering him so we'll just keep an eye on him for now.

The experience of going to the vet was something in itself.  I've never been before because my Mum always used to do it when we had cats at home and I was working when Nico took Pete last week.  At first, I was totally calm about it but then, weeing a family coming out of the room without their pet (who was being operated on as it turns out), I remembered what a serious and unpleasant place it can be.

So far the experience has also been relatively good value (touch wood).  I always expect huge vet bills - a bit like at the dentist where they look at all your teeth quickly, give you the all clear and charge you £16.50 (at the last check) for the pleasure of those five minutes work.  Yes...I do wonder if I am in the wrong job at times.  However, the vet that we have found is very thorough - she cleaned Pete's ear, eye and bottom while we were there and it came to twelve Euros.  Very reasonable.

Despite the positive remarks and the fact that Pete is doing better now, I'd still like to avoid the place for a while...please...

No comments:

Post a Comment