Saturday 11 February 2012

The Saturday Update

Good morning friends!  Well it's been a very up and down week this week.  First I found out that my evening classes won't be running this semester which was a little disappointing.  Not enough people registered unfortunately.  So this week's film night with the advanced class was my last lesson for a while.  The upside of that is that I get my Thursday evenings back.  The first nine will be spent catching up on my missed yoga lessons.

Yoga was really good this week.  I went on Monday as I had the time and Nico now works on Monday evenings.  The best thing was that we had a stand in instructor and she mixed up the time so we had a 1 hour 45 minute session instead of 1 hour 15 minutes.  I felt great on Monday but I have to admit I've been feeling the strain since.  I haven't done Zumba at all this week but I have walked a lot.

As it turns out, the walking and getting back to smoothies and tracking have paid off as I lost 2.5 lbs this week which more than made up for last week and put me at my lowest so far this year.  I seem to be having a cycle of slightly bad week, very good week, that's inching me closer to goal.  I am going to stick with it this week although I'm having a night off on Tuesday for our Valentine's Dinner.

Tuesday was Schuelersprechtag which is a bit like parents' evening but just for pupils so I only had four appointments as I'm not a class teacher.  I took the laptop with me and got ahead on my planning.  It was also the first time I can remember that I went to work with no make up - quite by accident!  

The topic on the Reinvention Project this week has been boosting energy.  Unfortunately, I seem to be already focussing on the three points made.  The first to set a regular bedtime.  We set a New Year's Resolution to go to bed at 9pm and read for an our or so and it's been working out well.  Even on the weekend, we don't stay up much later.  I think your body gets into the routine.  Also, we have Pete who can't tell the difference between weekday and weekend!  The second point was to eat healthily.  Whole foods was a topic a few weeks ago and when I read how often others cook from scratch, I realised that actually we are doing really well!  I'm still working on this but I'm much happier with my diet than I used to be.  The third tip was to analyse which big things in your life cause you stress and zap your energy.  I had just one of these that's been gradually developing since the year started and it's the uncertainty about where my life was going to end up this year.  My contract comes to an end in July and I wrote to the council twice asking to extend my contract (first in September).  Well this week I finally heard back and the council are supporting my application.  It's not the certainty I had hoped for but it's a huge forward step.  Now I just have to get my paperwork in order, starting with having all my qualifications translated so I'm already at work on the small mountain of paperwork and will keep you updated!

We're up bright and early today to head to Ikea and finally order the things we've been talking about since we moved in.  Next week we are heading out for Valentine's Day and there may even be two coffees with the girls as well as two yoga sessions.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment