Saturday 17 March 2012

The Saturday Update

It's been another fast and busy week this week.  At work my time has been consumed by the year six exam, which for the first time has to be the same in different schools.  I wouldn't mind, had we had a hand in writing it but as a native speaker, giving out a test with mistakes in the English in both the questions and answers goes against the grain a little!  Anyway, that is almost over and done with. 

On a lighter note, I spent my evenings finishing my latest craft project - more on that next week.  I cycled to Roland Center four out of five days and did three more Zumba sessions which have borne fruit in a one and a half pound weight loss this week.  I feel like I've really gotten back on track this month so far.  Although the weightlosses aren't as drastic as they were in January, at least I'm not gaining like I was in February!  I got an extra bonus this week when I played 'let's try on all the clothes in my wardrobe and see what fits now' and can get into a pair of jeans and two tops that didn't fit in January!

Thursday's English conversation was short and sweet with just one student and being kicked out of the cafe for closing time after just half an hour.  We headed to my favourite book shop so that I could advise her on some good English books for her level.  It also led to me buying a book for work and a book for me - Educating Rita.  It was a bit of a laugh because the student is called Rita and we both bought the book.

This week we also made more of a Friday effort and went out for dinner and a play last night.  We saw The Merchant of Venice by the Bremen Shakespeare Company.  It was a lovely evening.  I also got a refund bonus on my health insurance this week so it's been a good one all round!

Only down side is that my sister is in hospital with a mystery illness, so I hope she gets well soon.  

Next week holds a lot in store as it is the last week of term (thank goodness).  As today is St Patricks Day, we are heading out to celebrate later, as well as do a little shopping and go to a concert to support a youth home in Bremen this evening so it will be a busy weekend all round!

Have a good week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment