Tuesday 19 June 2012

28 things...Make my own jam!

Last weekend, I got around to what may be my favourite thing on the 28 things list so far - making jam.  We've been making lots of things for ourselves over the past year or so.  Or, if I'm honest Nico has been making things for us, everything from soya milk to toothpaste and I love it.  I wanted a little project of my own now though and we seem to get through quite a bit of jam so it fit perfectly.

I used this recipe and left it in American mode so that I could finally use the measuring cups Mum bought us at Easter.  Here's how it went:






I couldn't get the temperature up to 105 as the recipe said so I stopped at 95.

Delicious.  This may me one that I'll keep up, especially as I would like to try some different fruits and flavours too.

Update: the jam did not set as I hadn't used pectin.  Nico redid it for me with Agar agar and now it's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment