Wednesday 20 June 2012

Amsterdam

source
If you read regularly you will know about both my love of travel and my list of 28 things to achieve before my next birthday which includes to visit another capital city.  When it comes to holidays, I'm not the kind of girl who can spend the whole time laid in the sun, even with a good book.  That's great for a day or two but I love exploring and sightseeing and generally being almost as tired after the holiday as I was before, I feel refreshed just by being somewhere new.

This is why I am so glad to have our next holiday booked.  We decided to combine this Summer's trip back to England with four nights in Amsterdam!  I have never been to the city but it's obviously pretty close for us.  I have visited Groeningen and travelled through the Netherlands but I am really looking forward to getting to know the capital a little better.  By the accounts that I have read so far it should be different to many capitals in that it's not huge and sprawling and it's way more liberal.

High on my to do list there are the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House.  I am also looking forward to relaxing with some nice food and drink and gazing at the canals a la Rachael of Let's Be Adventurers fame.

Any other tips while I'm there?

No comments:

Post a Comment