Sunday 17 June 2012

52 Weeks of Grateful - Week 3

32. The Hunger Games - I got through the first book in three days.  I was desperate to start the second but decided to delay the pleasure (I am running low on English books and there is a book ban in place people) by reading a looong German book.
33. Finally starting to sort the office out.I've been putting this off way too long but now that I have started it's easier to do a little every day.
34. That my Year 8s got back from London relatively unscathed.  I am extremely upset that one 'host' told the muslim kids staying with him that they should embrace English culture by eating pork... but that is a whole other story and I guess it's a good lesson for them that every country has less than kind people staying there.
35. The postcard from my lovely Russian friend who was in Paris and Versailles last week.
36. A lift home from a colleague.
37. That nobody was injured when a year nine threw a firework into my classroom this week.  (another long story)
38.  That my wonderful boyfriend knows just what to do when I arrive home in tears because of the aforementioned year nine and that he does all the shopping and cooking for me.
39. Post from England!!  (Thanks Dad)...including my Buddhist book which I really needed this week...
40.  A lovely family BBQ with Nico's family for his Grandads birthday and that the weather held out.  Sometimes it does make me feel more homesick but I love that we have some family relatively close by and I love how close and welcoming they are.
41.  My orchid blooming again!

No comments:

Post a Comment