Saturday 28 July 2012

The Saturday Update

We have had a great first week of the holidays.  It's been very productive as well as relaxing.  On Monday we went in to Bremen to do some shopping for clothes and the holidays and on Tuesday we went to Nico's family for his Dad's birthday.  We have had gorgeous weather all week - in fact it's been a little too hot at times - reaching 32 degrees one day.  Luckily the weather finally changed last night and it's bouncing down now so it should cool off a little after - it's like a tropical rain storm just now.

We are finally all sorted for our trip to Amsterdam.  We've booked everything - train, planes, hotel, museums and printed it all off.  We've been researching restaurants and walking tours too - I'm really excited now.

We've caught up with both our families this week and I also had a lovely skype chat with my best friend in England who has finished work for maternity leave now!  We had a lovely lunch with Loreto on Sunday but missing her a lot now she is in England!

We finished the wardrobes yesterday, finally.  They look great now.  Like I said before, it finally feels like we are more settled in the flat now.  

For the first time this year, I have achieved more than four consecutive days of exercise in a row - I'm up to seven at the moment.  It's so much easier without work.  We started the 10k training plan which is going well so far.  It's paid off as I have lost three pounds this week.  We've changed our eating habits a little by having fruit smoothies for breakfast, a big healthy lunch and a light healthy dinner.  I also cut out coffee/cappuccinos which left me tired at first but feeling better.  I weighed in every day which I know I shouldn't but actually, it really helped to motivate me each morning.  I'm going to try to keep it up for another week at least...

I'm on my second book of the holidays having finished Nelson Mandela's autobiography which was a really good read.  It was highly educational and made me realise how much I need to improve my geographical and political knowledge!

Next week we're going to keep up with the programme.  The only plan we have is to go to a jazz night on Wednesday at the bar where we first met.  So apart from that it will be more healthy eating, more exercise and more reading.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment