Sunday 23 September 2012

Cloud Atlas

source
I first read this book about five or six years ago and absolutely loved it.  After all that time, I can't believe how much of the story I had forgotten.  I wanted to reread the story to have it fresh in my mind for when the film comes out later this year.  I remembered vaguely five of the six different stories but had forgotten the whole second half of the book.  Did I read it too quick or do I read too much?  I don't know but I'm glad I read it again and can't wait for a trip to the cinema later this year!

I love how it travels through both space and time and retains the link - the sense that all of us are connected somehow and that history repeats itself in different contexts.  Some of the stories were harder to read due to the language but for me, that was still part of the magic of the book, the way the author plays with language.  I'd highly recommend the book and really hope the film does it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment