Monday 24 September 2012

The Hunger Games






Regular readers will know that I'm a big film fan as well as a bookworm and that when it comes to film adaptations, I have to read the books first.  Some films completely ruin the story for no good reason (My Sister's Keeper?), some just don't translate well into film (Twilight?), and others make the transition brilliantly (Narnia...) and really bring the story to life.

Our latest comparison over the weekend was the Hunger Games.  I read the books back in May and was blown away even though I had heard of the premise of the story and was totally put off by it.  Nico read the first one last week - he's never finished an English book so quickly - they are brilliant reads.  We saw the film on Saturday and found that while there were some changes, and the feelings weren't put over as well as in the book, the film was generally good.  

One thing that I do find sometimes is that I am a bit spoiled by having read the book in that I can't watch the film with fresh eyes and give it a fair comment because I'll always be comparing it.  However, I do like to see the characters come to life and am really looking forward to the sequel which is now being filmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment