Tuesday 22 January 2013

Barcelona 2010

Sagrada Familia
In the school year 2009/10 I taught my first ever adult classes.  The school I was working for at the time was a languages college and only too happy to let me loose on the teachers and parents in teaching them Spanish.  On the evening of the first class, I was wondering what I had let myself in for - adults?!  And not just that but what if they didn't like my teaching?  The parents wouldn't want me teaching their kids and my colleagues might not respect me...they say teachers make the worst students!  

All my fears were completely unfounded.  We had a great year with two big highlights.  The first was the Christmas dinner at La Tasca in Leeds where we got both groups together for a but of practice and the trip I took with some students from the teachers' group to Barcelona at the end of the year.  It was great to be back there, showing them around and still finding new things for me on my fifth trip to the city.

Flamenco time!

Yes, teachers get silly on holiday too!

The lovely ladies at dinner.

The view from Montjuic.

Chupitos!


No comments:

Post a Comment