Sunday 10 February 2013

My reading list

As I warned a couple of weeks ago, my reading rate has been slowing down lately as I am getting back into reading in German and starting on Anna Karenina at the same time!  This means I don't have a review this week although both of the books mentioned will be coming up in the future as I am really enjoying them both.  So this week I thought I'd share with you my own 'reading list' for the near future.  I'm still getting used to not having a proscribed reading list from school, college or university and being able to read purely for pleasure and I'm loving it.

As with Anna Karenina, I like to read books before I see them in film.  This is why Les Miserables is also sat waiting on the overflowing bookshelf at the moment.  However, I think I will need a break after Anna Karenina before I start on that one - I could use both of them as door stops!

Also waiting is Songbird.  When I reread Winter in Madrid last year, it mentioned that lovers of that book would also enjoy Sebastian Faulkes works so I had a browse and settled on this one.  If you've read my other reviews, you will know how much I love novels that combine a bit of history so I am really looking forward to this one.

My next German novel will be the second in the Harry Potter series.  I like reading new novels in German but it is obviously easier if I already know the content and it helps me expand my vocabulary.  I actually bought this one after last Christmas with vouchers from one of my classes but forgot I had it because it looks so similar to the first on the shelf!  

The last one sat waiting here is Wolf Hall.  Having read the second in the series - Bring up the Bodies - first, because of the rave reviews, I though it would be good to go back and have a look at this one.  Again, I love the history aspect although the Tudors are a relatively new one for me.

So I think these will last me a while and come in handy for the amount of travelling I have got coming up this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment